March 10, 2008

Who are they?


In every post so far we have talked about our kids, so this post is going to be all about us! What we do,what we like...bored yet? Well I am Carli Mae Jo Cotter Patterson and I am married to "Baloo the Bear" aka Gregory Dane Patterson. We have been Married for 5 1/2 years and have never been happier than we are now! For us life just keeps getting better!

A few facts:

First date: March 8th 2002
We went to Texas Roadhouse and watched first knight with some of our friends . When Dane came to pick me up I wasn’t even @ my house because I was getting my hair done! I had a hair stylist that was from Utah and it was the only time slot she had available to do my hair. So… I of course took it-I’m not a Snot, she is just a fabulous stylist! Dane didn’t care thankfully & he won some extra bonus points from me for hanging out with my 10 year old sister for 10 minutes until I got home. Why he ever took me out again I will never know! Thanks Daney!

First Kiss:
Dane was my first kiss and I was his! Yay for not knowing if we were bad at it or not!

Favorite Colors:
Mine is and always will be red-it makes me so happy. Dane likes blue because he is a boy and all boys like the color blue.

Who is the Cook?
It depends on what we are eating and what time of day it is. Hands down if we are eating breakfast I am cooking (it is my favorite meal of the day) but if we are eating spaghetti Daney is sure to be in the kitchen. He makes a wicked pot of spaghetti!

Hobbies/Activities we enjoy: Sports…Phoenix Suns! The Lake, Disney Land (of course), watching movies together, Family Vacations and ticklish spiders (playing with our kids).

We work hardly:
Dane works @ Cotter valuation group as a commercial appraiser and I am a Mom/hair stylist!

Who has more siblings?
Dane does by 2. He is the 3rd oldest of 8,& I am the 2nd of 6.

Who is the stubborn one?
Well I’m writing this so of course it is Dane and there is no one who will convince me otherwise!

We were married on November 30th 2002
I literally don’t think that there is another couple closer then Dane and I. We have such a special connection and I am grateful for every day we have together.

Finally some interesting facts about us most people don’t know (this is for you Dendi):

Carli Mae:
1) I am incredibly ticklish. I hate it! I stop breathing, I start crying and I laugh so hard I literally feel like my head is going to explode!
2) I love pretty pictures…of anything! Dane gave me a camera for Christmas and I am practicing my skills. I love to look through a camera and make colors and objects appear. Nothing is better than capturing my kidos smiles!
3) I am part bloodhound. Seriously my nose works so well! I am actually a happier person when in the presence of wonderful scents!
4) I hate cotton balls-they are disgusting and give me the willies!
5) I love to be outdoors. I crave the sunshine and the smell of camping. I can’t get enough skiing, hiking, bike rides, picnics or just going running around my neighborhood! I love it all!
6) I have a dance party with my kids almost everyday! I am such a dork but I love to crank up the music when no one is watching and dance and sing with my kids! Thanks Radio Disney!

Daney:
1) He loves to get all dressed up in a nice suit. He loves that he can wear his basketball shorts and pj’s to work every day, but when he has the opportunity to dress up he loves it!
2) He can sing really well…but he will never prove it to anyone. I gave him a guitar for his birthday and he promises to sing me a song when he learns more…I’ll let you know how it goes.
3) He asks me to cut his hair all the time and he would let me shave all his hair off if I wanted to-sorry Dane it’s never going to happen!
4) He is really smart (book and street) He is good at math but he can also fix anything with a little wire and duct tape.
5) He likes to listen to Counting Crows and watch Scary movies.
6) He is so comfortable! Quinci and I fight over sitting on his lap. Quinci usually wins! Cotter, Quinci, Cruz and I all have fallen asleep sitting on his lap.

This is our life and we love it!!!

20 comments:

Nikki said...

I loved reading this, got to learn so many fun things about you two. You are such a cute couple with a cute family.

darbs said...

I can't believe it, five and a half years ago!

Cotter said...

I liked reading this. Ella would have to agree with Danes delicious spaghetti.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah - How sweet! You two are a great couple, and you have awesome kids. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

i love reading things like this! you guys are so cute & have the cutest little fam ever! dane, i really want to try some of your spaghetti!!!

Cindy Spratling said...

I love this post! It's fun to read things about you guys I didn't know, and things about Carli I had forgotten. (I remembered that you were soooooooo ticklish!) Your blog template it way cute too!

Sassy said...

You know I have watched you two lovebirds over the years and have seen how much you totally love each other....
You can tell by your expressions and the words you speak and how you speak to one another that you have something special.
It's real nice having you for neighbors as well...

Bert and Benton said...

You guys are so cute! I love your pics, they remind me of your reception and that will always do down as one of my favorites!!
Funny how my cotter's and your cotter's aren't really related, but they have all the same family names, like Judy and Benny.
Cruz is adorable! sorry about the poop! yuck! I'm not looking forward to that.

James & Prilly said...

:( I miss you guys! I want to come hang out and eat spaghetti.

Suzy Cummard said...

WOW! I am so glad you commented, or I would never had known you had a blog!

You are the cutest wife & mom! (no surprise)
Your kids are so adorable.
3? Really? WOW! Good for you guys!

I'll add you to my links now that I found you! Good to hear from you!

Lisa said...

Love the dance party. My baby is only 10 mo. but I swing her around to music and she loves it. It was fun getting to know you guys better. You guys are very photogenic.

Tawni said...

That was very cute!! I love hearing about couples, it's fun. I didn't know you were each other's
1st kiss, that's cute!
I love to dance with my kids too, and act all crazy when no one's there to see how ridiculous we look!
I'm soo glad Dane married you, did I ever tell you how freakin awesome you are! You are my favorite sister-in-law ever!Ü

Anonymous said...

Man I have gotten a little behind...it was fun reading more about you too. Im laughing cause cotton balls..I could not agree with you more. I have always hated them and the way they feel. And I think it is so cute that you guys were each others first kiss...that is AWESOME!

Cute idea, on posting about you two, we tend to firget that all these kids we post about DO have two parents as wee. You guys are too cute!

Brandi said...

You guys really are the cutest couple!! How fun to read new things about you both!! :0)

stephanie said...

this was the cutest post ever! you guys are so cute and your kids are the cutest ever!! i am glad we have gotten to know you and i ♥♥ when you guys have garage sales..you ALWAYS have the best stuff..when's the next one! hey send me your email so i can invite you to my blog---skhatch@hotmai.com--steph

Jillene said...

AWWWwww i love you guys! Would I offend anyone if I said you were my favorite? Well if so, how about you are definately my favorite at this moment!!! :) I am soo glad I get to share lots of good times with you.

Kim said...

You guys got married on my birthday! This was a cute post, it is fun to learn more about you guys!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Okay, how come I am the last one to know my neighbor has a blog??

You guys are too cute! Oh, and on the baby crap blog?? Been there, done that, with someone else's kid, on a date, I think with white pants on.. I'll have to get Mark to verify the details.. yeah, before we were married, and he still married me! I guess he figured I could take it!

Ali said...

Carli, Totally fun to read! You guys are a great pair, I can tell.

Sara Schletter said...

You two are to cute. I love this post. I'am so glad Dane met someone one who treats him so good. I'am glad to see that even Dane likes to post on your blogs I wish my husband would.