October 1, 2008

Way to take one for the Team




I hate picky eaters! I have two of the pickiest eaters in the whole world. I always ate everything my parents gave me, I ate: Veggies, weird stuff, and I would always try new things. My kids are so picky they won't even eat stuff they like. I started hiding vegetables in some of their favorite foods and now they are on to me. Cotter examines his food from every angle thoroughly, and when in doubt about the contents says,"No thank you mom...it's yucky". I was getting tired of this polite disgust. How gross can it really be, you eat dirt! I was determined one night to change his mind. We were eating rice and it tasted good so I was determined to make him eat just one bite. I said, "Cotter you eat one bite and I'll give you a chocolate ice cream cone." he was intrigued, but not determined. "Cotter eat your food or go to time out". He sat there looking at it for about ten minutes then took a bite. His eyes started watering, and he gagged a little. Then we laughed, is it in his head or what? I said swallow it!!! He swallowed the rice then got off his chair and barfed all over the kitchen floor! I felt so bad! Poor guy. So he and Quinci got their ice cream, and I think twice now before I force them to eat something.

No comments: