

Dane and I went to the Mesa feed barn the other day to get a bail of hay, & we left with two chickens. I don't know what we were thinking but those stupid chickens have been so much fun! Cotter has reminded me of those commercials from when we were all little of the boy and the doll, "My buddy". Only his buddy is his chicken which he Pronounces: "Sh-itten". Cotter takes this chicken for rides in his Lightning McQueen car and Climbs to the top of his playhouse counts to three and shouts"Weeeeeeeee" as he and his little chicken slide down his slide. I thought that all this attention was going to kill that poor little chicken but that crazy, stupid chicken loves him! It follows him around every where and even worse it follows our great dane dog Jazz around too. Jazz wasn't so sure about how to handle this chicken, at first all she wanted to do was eat it, but they worked out their differences and they are now friends. So I say to you all...a little chicken can be lots of fun. I may have gotten carried away a bit when I bathed it cause it got dirty or even more carried away when I used my blow dryer to dry it so it wouldn't get cold, but i fell in love with the little
"Sh-itten" myself!
14 comments:
I love how much he loves that thing! And I love how he pronounces it shi-tken. Like how yesterday in his slightly higher pitched soft nurturing voice said, "cute shi-tken, cute shi-tken" while gently stroking it. It is very cute.
LOL-- that is hilarious that he calls it that!! I am busting up.. What a brave little chicken to be that close to Jazz. I would be peein my pants at that point!! :0)
hey carli! this is becky hamblin. your kids are so cute! i can't believe how big they are! the chickens sound really fun!
That is sooooo funny!! I love what he calls it. I can't believe you bathed it and blew dried it(how ever you say that), that is freakin hillarious!!
A baby chicken would NEVER last at our house - Brodie would have squished it on the first day! What a fun mom you are - and I am totally jealous of your backyard - we just have a bunch of dirt still.
That's awesome! And totally hilarious- only a licensed hair dresser would get out the hair dryer for a chicken! HA! :) That Cotter is so cute- Ella just got really excited seeing his picture. I guess she misses him since she didn't get to see him in nursery on Sunday.
How sweet is that! Gotta love the things those kids say...they crack us up! It is fUn to see what your kids are up to, wish we saw you guys more!
Carli!! Hey! How are you?? it's been forever! It's Brittany (from the whole grain days) You're family is SO cute. So guess what? I married a Cotter, I think they are distantly related to you guys. And you're mom helped out with the decorating our reception, we borrowed a lot of her stuff, she's great and of course Lois made the cake, LOVE her! Anyway, tell me what your up to. Blogs are wonderful! I'm so glad I found you!
oh my cutest thing i've heard. love the pronunciation.
myron wants baby chickens. really bad. yes, he is 27.
That is cute. I am not sure if a cicken would last in our home. I probably would be the one to get rid of it. I am so mean, I am just not a good pet owner.
so...this is kinda random, but when you click on my name on your page it takes you to a weird page because you have me under whittaker.blogspot BUT it is Shelbiwhittaker.blogspot.com Ü just if you wanted to know Ü
Hahaha I love it. Cute pics!! PS I love how Cotter pronounces chicken. That is definitely hilarious
Hi Dane and Carli,
That is very funny, I hope that the sh--itten doesn't do it's name all over the yard or the house. Dane told me about your blog this morning, and I wanted to check it out. I'm going to add it to the my friends and family section of my blog at http://jwkmearl.blogspot.com/
ok so i am thinking you should of had a baby by now?
Post a Comment