January 27, 2009

Episode 4

Well...I'm confused at this point. Ive created every episode in my head a thousand times and not one episode has turned out like I imagined it would. I think that biggest loser needs to hire me as one of their story producers...I have way better ideas! This week I can only be grateful! My husband lost 15 pounds, and my cousin lost 11 pounds! That is amazing, and to the show I am forever grateful! Now my husband goes running with me and Saturday we are running a marathon together. We are living dreams of mine that 6 months ago I thought I would never experience. Together, Dane and I have set goals and have made plans that will change not only our lives but our kids lives as well. So I feel happy and blessed! Dane is an amazing person and I was just hoping that the world would get a better taste of that. I wish we all had been along side of Dane for the whole ride. It is amazing what takes place in real life and what editing can control. I've heard stories of what took place on the ranch and then I watch the show and it seems so different. The network will do whatever it takes to make a great show, even if it means tearing someone apart, and making them look like a fool in front of everyone they know. My heart kinda goes out to Joelle at this point. No human being should have to go through the embarrassment she has to face right now. Blaine & Dane's team were portrayed as evil game players tonight thanks to the editing and I hate it! The network can control a lot but in the end they can't control who wins! Dane is doing all he possibly can right now to reach his goals and I know in the end it will pay off for him! I will miss Dan-he was a sweet kid! He looks great though and I am happy for him! No matter what happens with the show I love that for the first time Dan is experiencing what it feels like to breathe normally after walking ten steps and not having to take 12 different medications daily. There is something so pure in what each contestant is doing to better their lives, but still the producers show backstabbing and negativity. I guess that's what gets them good ratings. SAD! Dane goes on and on about all the amazing things that took place on the ranch, he was able to see first hand how having the burden of your weight can be lightened, and it has made him a different person all around. I would love to write an episode with that as my main focus. Would anyone want to watch my show?

20 comments:

Case said...

I would watch your show Car!
I agree they have so many other positive things that they leave out, but I am just so proud of Dane. He is doing AMAZING on the footage they have shown so far, even if they don't highlight his accomplishments and positivity like they should. I know you are so grateful, I am so grateful, and it's awesome how you are getting to share in this experience with him. Good luck on the marathon, you guys inspire me.

Cindy Spratling said...

maybe we'll see you there sat!. my sister lisa is running too. good luck! and yes, could you PLEASE write an erisode for BL. they need help :)

Shane and Brandi said...

I would watch! Like Blaine said Dane is a machine! I love watching him. They are both doing great! Love you guys and good luck running this weekend!

Tassi Smith said...

I would definitely would watch your show. I am so excited for your family. I love the show. It has been so much fun watching this season. Carli you look beautiful.

Tassi Smith said...

Oops one too many woulds.

Cotter said...

i was actually thinking about that last night. all the drama kind of makes the hard work loose its "magic" oh well! dan does look awesome! cameron and i were dying. anyway, i am just going to call you now cause we need to play.

TARA said...

Yes, yes, yes I would watch your show!!! I've watched Biggest Loser for many a season, and I've long wished they'd show more trials and accomplishments and less gameplay.

Dane is looking amazing. I wish they'd show him more is all. Kudos to him and all he is doing, and to you for supporting him and being willing to have him gone for so long.

Amy said...

I thought last night's episode was cool for sending that chef to Dan's partner...who they had shown eating everytime they showed him at home. And kudos to him for stopping smoking, that is huge. Dan looks amazing! I freaked when they showed what he looks like now. I'm getting more impressed with Tara. But I would watch your show over BL because the editing does show drama drama drama and we want to see the lives being changed!

stephanie said...

it is kinda sad that producers are doing that just to get a GOOD show because we dont get to really KNOW what is going on there at the house...i am totally impressed with dane...15 lbs again..you are a MACHINE..(i think that blaine said that on the show)...and it was sad to watch the beginning and think that everyone was thinking badly of the black team/jillians team....well i am so excited for your fam..i wish i could say that i would run a marathon someday but im not too sure that will happen{maybe}..but you guys are great examples..thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I would love to watch your show! And yeah, I agree that every one is missing out of being able to see who Dane is! He is such a fUn...fUnNy guy that I thought would be fun to watch in the show. So I too am a little disappointed with how little he is even interviewed. You guys are awesome, and it is so cool that you guys are able to do it all together (the running, and marathon) There is just something about running together that just brings you guys closer. I love it!! I will be there routing you both on...good luck sat. you two!! :) Can't wait!!

Malia said...

Maybe it's me, but I think everything that they've shown on Blaine and Dane has been positive! I can see how they have developed such great relationships with everyone and I loved when Blaine looked over at Dane's weight and said "you're a machine!" Each week Dane does better and better! Each week I'm cheering the black team on because they work so hard and I think that they are there for the right reasons, and that's why they're such a strong team. Case told me about the marathon and I think it's awesome! You look great!

Nikki said...

Good luck on the marathon and heck yes we would watch your show. It's sad that in reality the world loves to see a little drama, but when the producers know very well that it's not the truth it makes me wonder how they can sleep at night. You boys rock, I can't believe the numbers....Good JOB!!

Carlie said...

i'd watch your show Carli. Blaine and Dane are MACHINES!!! I cant believe it. It's so awesome. Even thought they made them out to be "the bad guys" last week, it seems like every other time theyve showed them, they are creating a good relationship with everyone and being positive and not gettting involved with all the drama. Good for you guys.
ps. did you get a chance to look at my blog about the healthy dinner party Im going to be hosting.

Sparks Fam said...

good luck with your marathon! that will be such an accomplishment. wow! it has been fun to watch the show this season, even my kids are cheering for the black team!

Cami said...

Go Black! We have had so much fun watching the show. Micah hates all the drama too. He laughs at me when it goes to a commercial break and I am ticked. Lol! Good luck on sat. that is awesome. Oh, and I would for sure watch your show!

Brandi said...

I would LOVE to watch your show!! It seems like that's what the BL has always been about until last season! There was so much backstabbing & HORRIBLE things done that the producers think that's what they want to happen this time! I'm getting a little frustrated with how things are being portrayed, but those of us that know Dane, know the REAL Dane!! :0) I will be there Saturday to cheer you guys on!! :0)

The Jones Family said...

I don't know if you remember us or not but since Dane has been on the BL we have all watched and are totally amazed at how great the black team is doing. We cheer them on every week. We are proud to say that we know him. I just wish that they would show him more and less of some of the others.

Sassy said...

Black Team you are da BOMB! Yes, Carli I would watch your show and I would love to have a show that tells the sides of the contestants from their point of view and what really goes on behind the scenes...thank you for letting us share in this truly wonderful{reality} ride with you guys...I am so proud of you and Dane for all of his progress...good luck on the marathon...you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of Dane every week and will continue to be proud even after week 8. Your family has really had to sacrifice, but long-term, this will make a difference you will always be grateful for. Way to go Dane and Blane!

Kathy's Boys said...

Hi, I too am impressed and inspired by the show. Dane is doing great! (I'm Dendy Grant's sister, and was good friends with Danes parents in St. Johns.) Tell Dane we are all proud of him! We're rootin' for him!