April 28, 2008

St. Johns Trip

Well Dane thought that this would be the perfect weekend to go to see his family. April break meant that Cotter had no school and Dane had someone covering work stuff for him. So we packed up the car and headed north. Everything was going great until:

OK no explosions happened but my sweet little Quinci set Dane's family guest house on FIRE! For a minute I thought I was in Hell and she was the Devil! We had been there for only 12 hours (most of it sleeping) and she was already trying to burn their house down! I was scared to death of her and her powers until she was running around and twirling singing "I am a child of God". I looked at her precious little face and said "fewwww, theres no evil there"! I love my kids they definitely keep things exciting for me. Luckily nobody was hurt and every thing is replaceable!


we had so much fun the rest of the weekend and we were able to laugh about all that had happened. We got to go to Grandma Leni's school and make pizza and play basket ball:



"Come and get it it's ready"!

Later all three kids fell asleep in Grandma's bed. We always have so much fun when we go to St. Johns, we eat way too well and get to lay around and be lazy. It is usually so relaxing when no one is setting anything on fire! I love that I have adventure in my life! I never wish for fire but I love knowing I have chaos! It is always interesting waking up and never knowing what kind of trouble we Patterson's are going to get ourselves into! I also love that I have the most understanding and forgiving In laws in the world! They definitely know what it is like to have chaos and they might even let us come back to see them!

12 comments:

Cotter said...

Wow! Quinci... I am impressed! I am just glad Ella wasn't there to add to the flames!

Anonymous said...

So cute that you posted the pics...man that is some damage. :) Not really! Im glad she is okay and that no one was seriously hurt. Kids are known for their mischief. :) Way to go for looking at it on the positive side..I need a little more Carli in me. Seriously! I envy your patience that you have, with everything. That is not something that I inherited from my mom. Though I wish I did.

Glad she is okay!

Anonymous said...

Hey Carli, I think you missed what I meant for you to read. Go back to that blog...and read her story. She has it on the top left of her blog...click on it and it will take you to her "story." It is so sad...

Cindy Spratling said...

Oh my gosh! You sound like you handled everything really well! Glad it all turned out okay. And PS: Yes, I'm glad it wasn't your dog peeing on me :)

Tannis said...

Hahaha oh my goodness.... crazy!! I'm glad she didn't burn down the house haha

BrittanyLane said...

Oh that is SOOO scary! You guys are really lucky it wasn't any worse. The thought of my house (or someone else's) on fire really freaks me out! I'm glad everyone is safe.

Sparks Fam said...

you have always had the best stories, i'm glad that hasn't changed! we are mourning the loss of the suns season right now as i'm sure you guys are too. stupid spurs!

Case said...

LOL well you've been waiting for the pivotal moment when something like this would happen with your unruley Brood- but I think my favorite part was her twirling around singing "I am a Child of God" she was sweet and oblivious of her destructive capabilites. haha I love little Q-sasafrass!

Case said...

yes, and I'm glad everyone is okay. we are very blessed.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Wowsers! Glad that no one was hurt!

Tawni said...

I still can't believe that happened! I am sooo glad that no one got hurt! Glad you guys had fun the rest of the time.Ü

Sassy said...

OH WOW!!!! That had to have been pretty scary! Bless her heart...

And yes, what the crap with the SUNS???? I thought for sure with your faith in them, we were going to really do something this year!!!! Dang it!

Sure love you guys!