February 27, 2008

I didn't pull all my hair out

Instead of napping yesterday my kids destroyed their room:

Culprit:

Accomplice:

This was my day yesterday. It started in my kids room and trickled out their door into our family room and kitchen! Luckily I went on Angie Dunn's blog and read this Quote:
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes Courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,"I will try again tomorrow."
-Marry Anne Rodmacher
So My kids and I laughed while we cleaned their room... We played a little to! &....Today I felt so much better about the mess I woke up to. I had the energy to deep clean those problem areas that have been bugging the crap out me! So the morale of the story is: "I don't have to have that perfectly clean house I work so hard for and never enjoy, sometimes we all just need to forget about the dirty laundry we really don't want to face and just have a little fun!

15 comments:

Sassy said...

You are so cute! You know years ago I was given a little saying because believe it or not I use to be pretty anal about having a clean home... it went like this "IT'S BETTER TO BE A PLEASANT SOMETHING THAN A PERFECT EVERYTHING" and on that day it helped me a little bit to stop and take time to enjoy the important things in our life.

Cotter said...

amen! we need to play soon!

Jen and Bob said...

Wow, it just keeps getting better. Now between the Patty Express and The Tall and Short of It, I can get my full entertainment, laughs, cries, and warm fuzzys without going any futher on the internet! Thanks for the "good times"
You are awesome.
Hugs,
Aunt Jenny

Anonymous said...

Man I needed to hear that one! Thanks for that Carli...your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom!

YOu are awesome, and I love seeing what you guys are up to!

James & Prilly said...

I love it! They are so cute! You are so awesome! I can't wait to learn mommy skills from you!

Tawni said...

Wow, that looks like it was a fun mess to clean up.Ü Yes, your kids are lucky that you are soo calm and collected in situations like that, I, not soo much. We just have to constantly remind ourselves about the important things right, not necessarily the messes, etc.

Anonymous said...

Carli, I am so glad that I found your blog! I have three kids too, and that picture of their bedroom at nap time looks like my sons room after I put him down for his "nap". Congratulations on your new little one, he is adorable!
Lindsey(Ballard)Hall

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelbi Whittaker said...

Carli, congrats on your baby, he's a cutie!!! your kids are all so cute!!! I just saw that Brian and Tawni are on your page...tell Tawni to send me an invite to her page I would love to see her new little baby!! My email is Shelbawhelba@aol.com THANKS!!! Ü

Tanya Leigh said...

That's perfect, Carli! I have to re-remind myself of that more often. Sister Hinckley said, "You can either laugh or cry; I choose to laugh; crying gives me a headache." Way to go! :)

stephanie said...

carli, just have to say---oh have i had days like that, not too fun, but those kinda days totally help us enjoy the good ones!! i love checking on your cute fam and the new babe is adorable, he looks like the other two!!

Anonymous said...

i loved that quote too! oh & guess what? i finally got my letter from benson yesterday & it took over a month to get from china to uruguay! i´m so thankful for whoever invented e-mail! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Okay Dane you have me busting up at your "send him to Mexico" comment. That is hilarious....and I think I may have to keep him. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay Dane, OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Yeah not proud, but totally me! Still wanna claim me as your sister? :)

I want to come see Cruz. Im finally better...and am wanting to make my way by...I don't have a cell for you, it is driving me nuts.

angiedunn said...

You are so cute. And your kiddos, also extremely out of control cute. Love this post & your header/new background is TDF!!